Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Bye bye, Ty

So I see Notre Dame has fired Tyrone Willingham.

I must admit, I'm rather surprised. Of course, when you're a school that insists on carrying the illusion of being a football powerhouse, it's easy to surrender to your unrealistic expectations.

The 1980's are over, people.

If the Irish are doing this because they think they can lure Urban Meyer to South Bend, then that's reasoning I follow. I don't see Meyer going there, though.

If you were a hot commodity in the coaching market and had a choice between ND and Florida, for example, which would you pick? The school with stringent academic standards, or perhaps the school in a talent-rich state with the not-so-tough scholastic requirements?

It doesn't matter, though. Notre Dame might find a hotshot young coach, but they won't find a time machine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home