Tuesday, May 17, 2005

He's not so bad after all

All this time, I was under the assumption that Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick was a clueless, corrupt, and wasteful politician. Kilpatrick has been accused of a variety of spending frolics by City Council members, such as hotel rooms for family members, ultra-expensive dinners, etc. Detroit faces a budget deficit of about $300 million, so you can imagine how some feel about news like this. But the news isn't all bad.

Good 'ol Kwame's gonna pay it back!

What a guy!

Of course, he doesn't commit to how much, but I think his willingness to pay for his excesses makes him a real stand-up guy. He's racked up $210,000 in credit card charges over three years (making my wife seem positively frugal by comparison) as the only city employee to hold a credit card.

Good luck with your re-election campaign, Mr. Mayor. I think we can all learn from your "example."

2 Comments:

At 9:54 AM, Blogger Charlie Mc said...

Hey patrick, thanks for stopping by and commenting on my blog. Yours is very good stuff. Baseball all the way!!!!

 
At 4:59 PM, Blogger WordWhiz said...

Since we seem to be exhanging jabs on other blogs, I thought I should stop by. I live in the northeast. Ever hear of Buddy Cianci? I can almost guarantee you he'd get elected again, if it were somehow legal for him to run. In all fairness, he did great things for the city. Hell...how many little cities have TV shows named after them? Attracting the film and television industry was one of Buddy's big programs. He paid himself large, under-the-table gratuities for his efforts, but he did improve the city's image. I don't live in Providence, being a country gal, but I follow the politics. Despite the make-up, the toupe and the politician personality, he was okay.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home