Saturday, May 21, 2005

Some Braves stuff

Kyle Davies made his major league debut for the Braves against the Red Sox and threw five shutout innings tonight. John Thomson and Mike Hampton are out with injuries, so hopefully Davies can put together a few decent outings until the rotation is healthy again.

Raul Mondesi is hitting an even .200. Of course, Bobby Cox's stupid ass hates young players, so I'm sure Mondesi will continue to play as long as he can drag himself out of bed every morning.

The Padres, who just swept Atlanta, are my pick to win the NL West. Their pitching gets almost no run, but it's pretty impressive.

Marcus Giles is 3 for his last 25. I thought he tried to get kicked out of the game Friday night when he was called out on a check swing. Giles bears watching, because since 2003 his numbers have dropped off pretty dramatically.

2 Comments:

At 9:16 PM, Blogger WordWhiz said...

Patrick: I can't do anything with this post!! I don't know crap about sports!! But notice, I'm posting a worthless comment anyway! Don't ya love me?

 
At 11:57 PM, Blogger Patrick said...

Always remember: there are no worthless comments, only worthless people.

Besides, I've been told I don't know anything about sports, and here I am babbling away...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home