Thursday, June 02, 2005

Graduation Day

My four year old daughter graduated from preschool yesterday. To be honest, I didn't even know preschool graduations existed. The ceremony was really cute. The kids made themselves these cute little hats similar to those high school or college grads wear, and the teacher called them up individually and gave them little "diplomas."

After that, we watched a little video presentation the teacher had put together. It was still photographs of all the things the kids had done during the year, and it was really well done. I could tell the teacher had put a lot of time into it, making certain that all the kids had close to an equal number of appearances in the show.

I still can't believe I'm going to have a kid in kindergarten next year. Man, I'm getting old.

2 Comments:

At 3:09 PM, Blogger WordWhiz said...

You're not OLD!! Tuesday I put my 19-year-old son on a plane. He was returning to his army base in Oklahoma. My middle-child will graduate from high school next year. It won't be long before I'll be attending my "baby's" 8th grade graduation. I still know all the steps to The Hustle. I own lots of records on vinyl...many of them Beatles albumns. (Some of those on Columbia Records...not the Apple label.) I remember when Goldie Hawn was the "sock-it-to-me" girl. I remember when hip-huggers, bell-bottoms and ponchos were in style in the 70s. You're not old...it's all relative.

 
At 8:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Charles says,

I'm like ten years younger than you and twice as handsome with a 9 and 5 year old. How do you think I feel. All my kids friends parents are as close to 40 as I am to 30. It's not easy being the envy of all the men and the desire of all the women at an ice cream social. When will they see me as a person and not a piece of meat?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home