Monday, June 06, 2005

Pistons-Heat: Game 7

Tonight Detroit and Miami lock horns in Game 7 of the Eastern Conference Finals. The series has been as back-and-forth as you might expect, given how good the two teams are. At times, the Pistons have turned up their trademark defensive intensity, making me wonder how they can possibly lose. Then there are the games where Dwayne Wade shows he's one of the five best players in the league, ready to lead his team to a championship.

But will Wade play tonight? His daddy says he will.

If Wade can't go because of his rib injury, I give Miami no chance. If Wade is only 50%, I give Miami little chance. Shaq can't carry the Heat - I can't believe I'm saying that - into the Finals by himself. Eddie Jones, Damon Jones, and Udonis Haslem aren't good enough to win a game of this magnitude, even if it is in Miami.

I'm torn as to who I would like to see win. I have really developed a dislike for the Pistons over the past month or so, mainly because their fans now feel their team is like some unstoppable train that just has to show up at the arena to win a second straight title. While I respect Ben Wallace and Chauncey Billups immensely, I cannot stand Larry Brown and Rasheed Wallace (for God's sake, put that championship belt away already). At the same time, Shaq has always been one of my favorite players. He's an athlete that gets it, simply put. A friend of mine told me last night that he offered to pay for George Mikan's funeral. That's class.

Detroit is still the team to beat, so I'll pick them to win tonight on the road. As Ric Flair used to say, "to be the man, you gotta beat the man. Whooooooooooooooo!"

3 Comments:

At 8:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Charles

Wade will play.

If the Pistons play defense first, rebound second and score as a result of the first two, they'll win 93-86.

I'd also like to see Rip and Prince hittng more jumpers than taking it into the paint against Shaq and Zo.

Either way, I hope somebody knocks Ginobli on his ass.

 
At 12:46 PM, Blogger Patrick said...

Why the hate for Manu, Charles?

 
At 5:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Charles

1. He's good and doesn't play for my team, I'll admit that.

2. He crashes the hole and flops like a fish, no matter the situation. Again, not a bad quality.

3. Most importantly, I think stopping him will be the key to winning this series. Duncan will get his and Parker will do what he does. Sorry to be so specific.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home